Inspiring and equipping people and organisations to build a better world for all
Below is a selection of projects Robert has been involved in:
- Working with the Cape Town-based Green Connection consultancy to develop a suite of climate change communication materials for the Western Cape Government.
- Assisting the South African chapter of the Electricity Governance Initiative to develop national electricity planning recommendations (The SMART Electricity Plan) that prioritise important social and environmental objectives.
- Offering sustainability training for a number of Bidvest divisions and businesses.
- Presenting a suite of sustainability training modules to managers from 17 countries on an Antarctic Expedition organised by Robert Swan.
- Developing a comprehensive sustainability toolkit for the Bidvest Group to guide divisional businesses in their implementation work.
- Facilitating a workshop on how human values influence behaviour, which values create a better society and how to more effectively frame messages to encourage change.
- Gave a presentations and a workshop at Sustain Our Africa conference in Cape Town on human values and how to more effectively frame change messages.
- Undertaking a detailed assessment of Bidvest Group social and environmental data and how this informs group reporting and sustainability activities.
- Assisting companies with completing JSE SRI (Socially Responsible Investment), CDP (Carbon Disclosure Project) and Dow Jones Sustainability Index submissions.
- Defining roles and responsibilities for the management of sustainability across the Bidvest Group.
- Developing a sustainability management strategy for Bidvest Corporate Office.
- Giving awareness-raising presentations to corporate managers at a variety of organisations.
- Assisted Project 90 develop a Green your Office tool.
- Assisting with the setting up of a group sustainability committee for the Bidvest Group.
- Developing a sustainability scorecard to track progress.
While Robert has worked with a range of organisations, much of his work has been for the Bidvest Group at head office, divisional and business level to assist with their sustainability progress.